The New Orleans Fly Fishers Club is proud to announce The Little/Short Year CPR Tournament. We are doing this in response to the positive feedback we received to The Big Year, as well as giving club members the chance to take advantage of the great fishing that occurs during the cooler weather months! We will be giving out the Photo ID cards for the Little/Short Year at the October General Meeting (10/25/18) held at The Blue Crab. Please be sure to be in attendance to get your card, so you can start making submissions when the tournament begins!
Rules of the Tournament:
1. The Tournament will begin November 1st, 2018 and conclude on March 31, 2019. The winner of The Little/Short Year will be announced at the New Orleans Fly Fishing Expo on April 6, 2019.
2. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE FOLLOWING EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org . Submissions not sent to this email address will not be included in your species count.
3. To enter a fish you must photograph the fish and include the fish, fly it was caught on, and the official contest ID card (This will be supplied by the club in the near future).
4. Please submit your photos as you catch the fish. In the event of a tie, we will use the earliest entry as the tie breaker.
5. This is not a “big” fish or “most” fish contest. The winner of the tournament is determined by the largest variety of fish species.
6. All fish must be caught within the FFI’s Gulf Coast Council region. (Louisiana/Mississippi/Alabama/Florida Panhandle).
7. All fish must be caught on flies and flyfishing equipment.
8. This contest will be on the honor system.
9. This will be a CPR (Catch/Photo Release) contest. No dead fish allowed. A photo should be taken as quickly as possible and the fish should be immediately released. The photo must be taken at the site the fish was caught. (No ice chest, driveway or cleaning table fish photos allowed).
10. Any disputes or questions concerning fish identification will be reviewed by the tournament coordinator and an independent biologist. The findings of these parties and their determination is final.
Suggestions / Guidelines
A. We would encourage everyone to keep a log book of dates, fly caught on, species caught, state caught in, nearest city/town, body of water caught in.
B. Photo ID cards will be available at the October General Meeting (10/25/18) at The Blue Crab. In the event your card is lost or misplaced, you can request a replacement card.
C. We will be announcing the prize donations as soon as we have all of them confirmed.
D. Finally, the goal of the tournament is to get everyone fishing! Go out, have fun, and enjoy your time on the water!