As previously announced, the New Orleans Fly Fishers Club will be hosting the inaugural Big Year Fishing Contest!
Here are the revised guidelines for the NOFFC’s The Big Year Fishing Contest:
- This is an opportunity to for NOFFC members to show how many different species (varieties) of fish they can catch during the duration of the contest.
- This contest will be on the honor system.
- This is not a “big” fish or “most” fish contest. It is for variety of fish.
- All fish must be caught on flies and fly fishing equipment.
- This will be a CPR (Catch/Photo Release) contest. No dead fish allowed. A photo should be taken as quickly as possible and the fish should be immediately released. The photo must be taken at the site the fish was caught. (No ice chest, driveway or cleaning table fish allowed).
- All fish must be caught within the FFI’s Gulf Coast Council region. (Louisiana/Mississippi/Alabama/Florida Panhandle).
- To enter a fish you must photograph the fish and include the fish, fly it was caught on, and the official contest ID card (This will be supplied by the club in the near future).
- The contest will start on March 1st and end on October 31st.
- We would encourage everyone to keep a log book of dates, fly caught on, species caught, state caught in, nearest city/town, body of water caught in.
- Submit your photos as you catch the fish to the club email address: email@example.com
- In the event of a tie, we will use the earliest entry as the tie breaker.
- We will be announcing the prize donations as soon as we have all of them confirmed.
This will be a lot of fun and a great opportunity for the club and its members to promote our sport. We will have more information coming soon.